CEO - Projects
Dion is a Senior Project Manager with experience leading and delivering large complex projects from the Business Case through to project Closure, possessing the following skills:
* Management of large projects at an enterprise level across a range of business sectors including – Health, Travel, Airline, Government, Telecommunications, Retail, Electricity, Accounting, and Advertising.
* Ability to lead multiple stakeholders from the project initiation phase through to a successful project closure by gaining their confidence, communicating clearly, documenting and managing risks and issues, and understanding the required outcomes
* Experience working on projects with multiple external suppliers, partners, and internal team members
* Experience with managing the full end to end supplier relationship starting with a request for proposal, terms of reference, contract negotiation, price negotiation, and operational support agreements to deliver successful outcomes
* Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with people at all levels
* A clear vision of how projects are delivered and the ability to form and motivate a project team, ensuring a team approach
* Ability to understand and manage risks and issues through to decisions and closure
* Ability to manage, track, and accurately report on project Milestones and Budget Forecasts
* Extensive experience working on complex Infrastructure/Technology projects with a large number of integration points to other application interfaces
* Extensive experience working on large and complex server hardware and operating system upgrade projects
* Experience working on multiple large and complex end user computing desktop and application packaging upgrade projects
* Experience working on multiple large and complex desktop virtualization projects
* Experience working on multiple hardware refresh projects (thin clients, laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, firewalls) including RFP process and price negotiation.
Dion has been in the Computer Industry for 27 years, including 19 years in Project Management and 13 years of contracting experience.
Dion interests include the following:
- Diving – Qualified scuba diver
- Fishing – Saltwater and freshwater fly fishing
- Boating – Previously owned Power boats and enjoy Boating
- Family – Has 3 children
- Snowboarding – Looks forward to the ski season every year
- Travel – Travels the world extensively for work and personally
- Wine – An avid wine collector
PricewaterhouseCoopers NZ (PWC)
Senior Project Manager (Contract)
In January 2015, Dion started a 3 month Project Management contract with PwC NZ Ltd. This contract has subsequently been extended until March 31 2019. The main projects Dion has been involved with since starting are:
- Business Improvement project
- Retain V5.2 upgrade project
- Project ASEANZ
- Project Azure
- Portfolio Manager
- Practice Management Suite major release11
- Project Affirm
- Practice Management Suite major release10
Yellow (Pages) New Zealand (Ello)
Senior Project Manager (Contract)
In August 2014, Dion started a 3 month Project Management contract with Yellow NZ (Ello). This contract completed on 20th November 2014 and involved:
- Project Management for Development of the SugarCRM, Business Process Management, and Order Management solution (11 Developers and 3 Designers)
- Detailed technical and SPRINT Planning
- Release Management – Release management of new software releases
- Project Management of the ello.kiwi Website design and development.
- Project Management of the ello.kiwi Self Service Portal.
- Management of external Vendors.
- Service Level Agreement negotiation and reporting.
- Issue troubleshooting and remediation
- Management of Test team and Business Analysts.
Senior Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager (Contract)
In May 2013, Dion started a 6 month contract with Air NZ in an Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager role. This was extended until August 2014. During this time, Dion was involved in 3 main projects.
- SQL Remediation and upgrade/replacement project
- Citrix Shared Desktop project
- Windows Desktop deployment
Telecom NZ Ltd
Senior Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager (IDM) (Contract)
In March 2012, Dion started a 12 month contract with Telecom in an Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager role. During this time, Dion had been involved in approximately 13 projects. These were a variety of projects in terms of length and budget. Some of the projects Dion was involved in:
- Geni ITSM project
- Retail VDSL2
- Retail Fibre
- Nokia Checkpoint firewall consolidation
Mighty River Power
Senior Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager (Contract)
Dion was initially contracted to MRP for 3 months which was then extended. During my time with MRP Dion was based fulltime within Metrix (The smart metering Division). Dion’s role at Metrix involved working on Infrastructure projects from Initiation phase through to closure. Dion was also involved in planning and budget forecasting for upcoming projects which had not been initiated yet. Some of the projects Dion was involved in are:
- Server patching project
- Network consolidation project
- Telecom Private Network Trial
- Project Foundation
Telecom NZ Ltd – August 2006 to April 2011
Senior Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager (OIS) (Contract)
Dion was initially contracted to Telecom in an Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager role for 3 months but this was extended for almost 5 years. During this time, Dion was involved in approximately 40 projects. They were a variety of Large, Medium, and Small sizes with budgets from $20K to $20M. Dion left Telecom in April 2011 due to their new HR policy of only hiring contractors for 12 months. Some of the projects Dion was involved in are:
- The introduction of a new PDA based Workforce management system for Geni
- The introduction of Blackberry BES services and Phones onto the Telecom network
- The setup of a new Manila Call centre and the cutover of existing Data to the new centre
- The Operational separation of Chorus. (Dion became involved in this project during the build phase and continued on it through to Closeout)
- New Voicemail Viewer service on XT
Flight Centre NZ Ltd
Project and Network Manager (Fulltime)
Within Dion’s first year at Flight Centre he was the Project Manager for the migration of 90 sites from a Macintosh Server system on 90 local LAN’s to a Windows NT / CITRIX system linked by a wide area network using Frame Relay and Cisco routers. During the last 3 months of 2005, Dion was Project Manager for the cutover of 105 sites from NT4 servers onto Windows 2000 servers. In 2006, Dion was Project Manager for a complete replacement of the national WAN from one Service Provider to another.
Dion was responsible for managing the Flight Centre network of 110+ sites nationwide. Dion also managed the hardware procurement and any special projects which arose. Part of Dion’s role was also to provide 3rd level support to the helpdesk and 24/7 after hours support on a rotating basis.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Macintosh desktops (both Operating System and hardware)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and UNIX servers (both Operating System and hardware).
- Extensive knowledge of Virtual server builds (VM Ware and Citrix)
- Installation and configuration of components and peripherals
- Personal computer, Macintosh, Printer, and laptop troubleshooting and repairs.
- Cisco Firewall, Switch, Hub, and Router knowledge
- Knowledge of VPN, LAN, WAN, and overall networking skills (Frame Relay, DSL, VDSL, Fibre etc.) including installation and configuration of internet connections.
PC and Server Operating system experience:
- Server Operating Systems – Windows 2012, 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 2000 and NT4.
- Server administration tools
- Active Directory
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (Up to Windows 10)
- Knowledge of Macintosh operating systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX, Red HAT,
- Oracle and Sequel Server.
- VM Ware
- Cloud Technology
- Data Centre build and move
- Extensive knowledge on most Microsoft Application software e.g. Office, Publisher, Visio, Project.
- Extensive experience with a wide range of accounting software packages.
- Programming experience in 3 computer languages.
- Oracle and Sequel Server Databases.
- SAP user and Client install/integration
- Management of internal software development, systems analyst, testing, and technical teams
- Management of external suppliers, contractors, and 3rd party Vendors
- Project management of small, medium and large projects both Infrastructure/Technology and Application/Web
- Project manager experience on large projects (30 PM’s with Budget to $750 Million)
- Management of several helpdesks and teams 24/7
- Understand and able to drive Release Management
- Understand and able to drive Change Management
- Excellent Time management
- Highly skilled at Implementation/Rollout Planning
- Highly Technical
- Disaster Recovery and Business continuity
- Testing capabilities
- Excellent Communication skills
- Presentation and Presentation Feedback skills
- Great Leadership skills
- Excellent Mentoring skills
- Toastmaster and Leadership training